Getting involved at Dave McNeilly Public School is easy!
There are just a couple of simple steps...
- Do you have a current Criminal Record Check (CRC)?
- If yes, please scan and forward it to the school office at email@example.com. Once your CRC is on file, you can start volunteering in the school.
- If not, please email the school office at firstname.lastname@example.org and state that you are interested in volunteering at school. A volunteer package with a volunteer letter and CRC will be sent home with your child. Complete the CRC and take it with your volunteer letter to the RCMP for processing. Once processed, pick it up at the RCMP, scan it and forward to the school office at email@example.com. Once your CRC is on file, you can start volunteering in the school.
- What volunteer opportunities are you interested in?
- In your child's class ... Once your CRC has been received at the school, contact your child's teacher and let them know your interest to volunteer. They will communicate with you what the needs are and when - ie: special projects, special theme days, reading volunteer, etc
- Field trips ... Once your CRC has been received at the school and your child's class plans on a field trip, be sure to express your interest to volunteer on the field trip with your child's teacher.
- Fundraising Society ... Once your CRC has been received at the school, email our fundraising society at firstname.lastname@example.org and let them know you are able to volunteer. Our Fundraising Society helps our school with volunteers for hot lunch, picture days, special events and a variety of fundraisers throughout the school year.
- Other volunteer opportunities are available throughout the school year and we will reach out to all of our families as needed.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at email@example.com or 780-799-5657.
We look forward to having our parents and families volunteering in our school!